- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions (with tops)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger-root
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Trim fat from chicken breasts. Cut chicken lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips.
- Mix all ingredients except chicken in large glass or plastic bowl.
- Add chicken; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Set oven control to broil. Remove chicken from marinade; drain.
- Reserve marinade.
- Thread 2 pieces chicken on each of twelve 10-inch skewers.
- Place on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil with tops 3 to 4 inches from heat about 8 minutes, turning once, until done.
- Heat marinade to boiling in 1-quart saucepan; boil 1 minute. Serve with chicken.