- 1 tsp Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice winevinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 half sninless chicken breast half
- 2-4 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup Napa cabbage
- 1/2 carrot, julienned or shredded
- 1/3 cup chow mein noodles
- Preheat the oil in a pan on medium heat. The temperature of the oil should be approximately 350 degrees.
- Blend all the salad dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Put dressing in refrigerator to chill while you prepare the salad.
- In a small bowl beat egg, then add in the milk, and mix together.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the corn flake crumbs with the flour, salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken breast into 4 or 5 long strips. Next, dip the strips into the egg mixture, then into the flour mixture. Make sure to coat each strip entirely.
- Fry each chicken strip for approximately 5 minutes or until dark brown.
- Next, prepare the salad by tossing together the romaine, carrots and cabbages.
- Sprinkle the green onion slices on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle on top of the salad both the chopped almonds and chow mein noodles.
- Cut the chicken into small bite-size chunks and pile it in the middle, on top of the salad. Serve the salad with dressing on the side.
Serves 4 people